Saturday, December 7, 2013

Gluten-free AND Sugar-free Molasses Cookies!

I am very excited about this post. Molasses cookies are my one weakness.... I'm also happy to say that I did not even use stevia to sweeten the cookies. I used apple sauce. Some might think that a little weird, but I can't even taste it at all. There weren't a lot of differences between a normal sugar batter and this one. I will note two, though, that will help you in making these. 1. The apple sauce and butter did not cream at all. There were still butter chunks even though the butter was becoming soft. This problem, however, solved itself when I added in the flour mixture. Everything came out very smooth. 2. The batter is a little stickier than a normal batch, but not much to make this recipe difficult.

This recipe is simple, and there are no worries about eating too many of them.









Oven: 350
Bake: 15 minutes
Makes: 30 (That's how many I made, but it could vary on how big your scoop is.)

Ingredients

3 sticks butter, soft
1\3 cup plain apple sauce (Cookies are not that sweet. I might try putting in double apple sauce)
2 eggs
1\2 cup molasses
4 1\2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
4 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1\2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon clove
1\8 of a teaspoon salt

Directions

1. Preheat oven. Beat softened butter and apple sauce together until butter is softer and mixed with the apple sauce. Beat in eggs and molasses. Once you add the molasses you will be able to see bits of butter here and there, but that is all right.

2. In a medium bowl mix together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, clove, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to molasses mixture until mixed well. The butter will mix right in and become smooth. Remember to scrap sides as needed.

3. Take any kind of scoop you have about 2 inches in diameter, I use an ice cream scoop, and scoop good sized balls onto cookie sheets. I do six cookies per sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, and then let the cookies cool for 3 minutes on the cookie sheet before moving them to a cookie rack.

And as I love to say...Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment