Monday, December 3, 2012

Indian Fish Curry

Well, just to show I can cook\bake more than pies, here is my version of Indian Fish Curry. The word India instantly makes us think of spices. That is rightly so. India is the king of spices. Not all India Curries are a hot fiery kind spice. Granted India Curries are spicy, but they aren't going to kill your taste buds,( possibly). How spicy an India Curry is can also depend on where you are in India. India food is or at least can be very yummy. I enjoyed my India Fish Curry even though I am not a fan of spicy food. My taste buds were not made for spicy food. I enjoy more savory food, but this dish did have some savory aspects.One aspect was; the fish. I used salmon for my India Fish Curry, and it was superb. The salmon was very moist, and flaky so to speak. I loved how it turned out.

I don't really have any tips for this dish. It was pretty simple. All I can say now is. Lets get cooking






India Fish Curry
Bake 30 minutes
Oven 350 F
Serves 4

For the Marinade
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1 teaspoon black pepper
1\2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons olive oil

Directions
Mix the mustard, pepper,  salt, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a shallow bowl. 
Add the fish fillets, turning to coat. Marinate the fish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

For the rest of the Recipe

4 white fish fillets ( Again, I used salmon. I am sure any fish of your choice would work for this recipe)
1 onion coarsely chopped 
4 garlic cloves roughly chopped
1 (1 inch) ginger root peeled and chopped
5 cashew halves
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper or to taste
1\2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1\2 cup of chopped tomato 
1\4 cup vegetable broth ( I used turkey broth that my mom made, but you could also use chicken broth)
1\4 cup chopped cilantro 

Directions 

1. Combine the onion, garlic, ginger, and cashews in a blender or food processor and pulse until the mixture forms a paste. 

2. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F


3. Heat olive oil  in a skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in the prepared paste; cook and stir for a minute or two. Add the cayenne pepper, turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt, and sugar. Cook and stir for an additional five minutes. Stir in the chopped tomato and vegetable broth.


4. Arrange the fish fillets in a baking dish, discarding any extra marinade. Top the fish with the sauce, cover the baking dish, and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until fish is flaky. Garnish with chopped cilantro.


And as I love to say... Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment